Sunday, September 17, 2017

New Shock milage is 18765

Installed the New Ohlins Shock out back. I purchased it used from a Ducati.ms member and sent it straight DAN Kyle for an inspection. All turned out good and he also Machined the preload adjusting nut to allow the Nut to thread all the way up. This in turn allows for optimal sag settings. I also removed the ride height adjuster. on of the eyebolts had nearly siezed up but I managed to break it loose with no damage. I retaped the threads to ensure everything was clean of debris and the greased them with some atiseise to help prevent a future siezure.  The "new"to me Ohlins shock is a pain in the arse to adjust rebound. worse than the sachs. But once I got it dialed in it feels great. I still want to revalve and respring the front end. maybe i'll get to it this fall. undecided if i would send it up to Dan or attempt it myself. I think I could do an ok job. I'"d have to purchase some tools and parts to complete the job. this would be a great experience but would cost the same to ship them up the cost and back.... Still unundecided.. any way here are the photos. I cant Find an exact milage but I dont think I've been very active lately Current milage is 18765

   

    













No comments:

Post a Comment